I Have 15 Year Old 450 Cc Saline Implants (Under Muscle) & Want To Go Bigger, Will This Work?

My breasts are getting a bit saggy and from what I read, this can be due to a larger cup size (I am a DD). My husband & I agree on going up a couple cup sizes - theoretically giving me a 650cc (silicone this time) but the Dr. seems hesitant. I am a muscular big 'boned' woman - just over 5'6" 36-30-38 dimensions, 155lbs and 45 yrs. old. He says I could pull it off because of extra breast tissue and gave me a sizer to wear. But my husband didn't think it added much. What should I do?

Bigger Implants are Not Always Better

+1

The goal of aesthetic breast surgery is to make the breast look more attractive, not necessarily larger.  Breast elevation results in more attractive, more youthful and more athletic looking breasts.  If your breasts are already saggy and you have 450 cc implants, 650 cc implants will cause additional weight and produce more sagging.  You definetely will need a breast lift.  This will require an internal plication of the implant capsule and incisions around your nipple to elevate it.  The increased projection and elevation achieved by the plications will provide cosmetic improvement without larger implants.

Best of Luck,

Gary  Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Larger implants

+1

This is a really tough question to answer for you without seeing you and examining you.  Larger implants can give more problems being that they are heavier and can cause earlier sagging.

Breast Revision Surgery- Go Bigger?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. You mentioned that your breasts are “getting a bit saggy” raising the question whether breast lifting will be necessary.

In deciding upon breast implant size you and your surgeon should communicate clearly (I prefer the use of “goal” pictures given that the use of words may be inaccurate and a sizer placed on top of the skin ( although potentially helpful)  is also not accurate. 

Make sure that everyone involved is on the same page ( in regards to your goals) prior to proceeding with surgery;  otherwise, you may end up disappointed.  

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm