15 Months of Suffering From Dizziness, Weakness and Blurry Vision From Botox. Will It Ever Stop?

15 months ago I had 100 units of botox injected in my neck. After few days I started to be extremely dizzy, I had double vision and I also had trouble walking , breathing and swallowing. Now 15 months later I am very weak,looks pale, my arms and legs are weak, even shoulders.I still have blurry vision/horrible head pressure and headaches.Neck is contracting/spasming all the time.I am also extremely tired. Will I ever recover? Will my neck regain former strenght?

Your symptoms do not sound as though they are related to BOTOX®

+2

Your symptoms do not sound as though they are related to BOTOX® [or other fomulations of BTX-A including XEOMIN® and Dysport®], and the duration of your problem far exceeds the duration of effect of BOTOX® [which in that area would be usually 3-4 months, and almost always less than 6 months].

There are a number of other medical conditions, unrelated to treatment with BTX-A, which might account for your symptoms. If I were you I would get worked up for your problem by your family doctor or internist.

Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox side effects

+1

I agree completely with Dr Smith. Botox at its best can last upto 6 months. the way youre describing your symptoms it seems like they are on-going and not getting better. u should definitely consult with your PCP and your neorologist and have this evaluated in depth.

Misbah Khan, MD

15 Months of Botox problems

+1

I agree with Dr. Smith. Frankly, Botox, even 100 units does not have this kind of lifespan and could not be causing these long-term problems. I would recommend that you see an internist and neurologist, as I just believe something else is going on. Injections into the neck - were you being treated for dystonia? If so you should have been injected by a neurologist and I'd recommend you follow-up with him/her.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD