I Am 15 Months Post Op from a Tummy Tuck and I Lifted Something Heavy and Have A Bulge?

The next day and still now which is 4 days later it feels swollen and a bulge is around my belly button and it seems to be getting a little better each day. I put my binder back on for support and hope that it heals and goes back before I lifted the furniture. I am very scared I did something. I called my doctor's office and they said to give it a couple more days then come in. I am hoping it will go back to normal. Could I have done something or will it heal and go away on its own?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

New Bulge 15 months after Tummy Tuck

+1

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing without seeing you and examining your belly.  Definitely go to your surgeon for follow-up.  Hopefully they will have a better ideas of what has happened.  You may have popped some stitches, you may have a hernia, you may just have some swelling.  There is no way to know without examining you.
Good Luck
Dr M

Web reference: http://www.danielmarkmannmd.com/category/buttocks-augmentation-brazilian-buttocks-lift-fat-grafting/

Bulge after tummy tuck

+1

Most likely you have ripped some stitiches that are holding the muscle together and you have what is called a psuedo hernia. You will have to have an incision over the area and go down and sew it back together.

Post op hernia?

+1
It is possible that you could a hernia. You did the right thing by putting the binder on (good that you saved it) but the only way to know if you have injured yourself would be to see your plastic surgeon in followup.