I Am 1.5 Months Post Op from Smart Lipo, when Do I Start Seeing More Results?

I had smart lipo about 1.5 months ago. I got my arms done, back, and underarms. I wore the garment religiously for a little over 3 weeks. I am small, 5'2 and 118 lbs. The DR. took 300-350ccs from each arm and 150 ccs from each side of my back. I know that people say to wait 3 months to see results, but I have also read that after 1 month you should see an 80% improvement.

1.5 Months after Smartlipo and No Results

+1

The less that was suctioned the longer it will take to appreciate the results.  It may take 6 months in a thinner individual like yourself.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction Results and healing

+1

What's this?

Results after liposuction can be seen very early on and usually improve over 3 months.  It often takes up to 2-3 months  for the swelling and skin retraction to be complete in most individuals. 

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Results after liposuction

+1

You should see some results of the liposuction by now but you may be significantly swollen still, because it does take 3-4 months to see most of the swelling dissipate.

Results

+1

Seeing results after laser lipo requires a lot of patience. Be sure you are watching what you eat and begin light exercise. You may need at least 2-3 more months

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Smart Lipo and Results

+1

It does take time to see the results of any liposuction procedure including Smart Lipo.  In most cases it can take at least 3 to 6 months to see the full results of the procedure.  Unfortunately, one can't predict exactly how fast the swelling will subside in each individual case.  Although at six weeks one can see 80% of the reesults, it may take a little longer.  Check back with your surgeon to see if it would be adviseable to wear your compression garments a little longer.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon