1.5 Months After Facelift the Rope of Seroma Going from Start of Jaw to Chin is Still the Same?

It's very tight and burns somewhat and I can deal with that. The doctor put a steroid shot in it and I massage it all the time. If there is nothing to aspirate what is going on inside of it? Will it go away littl by little? I'll see the doctor again in 3 weeks.

Seroma track visible after face lift

Thank you for asking about the visible seroma track after your face lift.

1. Steroid injections every 4-6 weeks and light massage will help. 
  2. Was the face lift seroma aspirated? Is the surgeon sure no fluid remains?
  3. Time helps - your body heals the seroma track with thick temporary healing protein called collagen and slowly replaces it with thin, permanent collagen.
  4. Best wishes.

1.5 Months after Facelift and Scar after Seroma

Steroid injections may help, but time will help as well.   You will have to be patient.  This may take 3 to 6 months or so.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chronic Seroma After Facelift Can Lead to Long Term Problems

If a seroma is not promptly aspirated, it can turn into internal scar tissue, which can be really hard to deal with.  If in doubt, get another opinion.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Usually a seroma is absorbs by our body. Messaging the area lightly can help minimize that seroma. Make sure you follow your PS instructions very carefully you don’t want to change your results.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS