15 Month Old Indentation on Forehead?

My 15 month old son fell in Target and hit his forehead on the end of a display rack. Although it turned black and blue right away the skin never opened up. But now, almost 3 weeks later, he still has a little indentation. And when he makes certain facial expressions the skin tightens up in that spot. I can feel a little straight line bump underneath. Will this eventually go away? And is there anything I can do to help the skin not 'stick' in that area?

15 Month Old Indentation on Forehead?

+2

Sorry to hear about your little guy's injury. This seems to be the rule with young boys. To know for sure what to do, I would need to see him and examine his forehead. However, gentle massage is typically helpful at this point to help smooth the tissue, resolve swelling and prevent any sort of contour issues later on. For such a young child something conservative is the best option. If this is a persistent issue it can always be dealt with later in a variety of ways. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree, Colorado

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead scars on a child

+1

The injury may be a result of a fascial or muscle disruption. I would recommend an examination and treatment algorithm for scar treatment with a plastic surgeon. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS