15 Days Post TT. Still Swollen and Have a Bulge Above my Belly Button. Is It Normal?

i am 15 days post TT and muscle repair. I had a huge diastasis. I know i'm still swollen, I noticed i'm more swollen in the area above my belly button. is this normal? i'm freaking out and i'm afraid i'm going to stay like that. it looks similar (a little smaller) than when i had my diastasis prior to TT. I've asked my PS and he dismissed my concerns saying that its swelling and that i will be very happy with my curves. but i'm concerned. i wear my garment 24/7 shouldn't swelling be decreasing?

Tummy Tuck Swelling

+2

It is early in your recovery period.  Your contour will improve over the next month or two.  Continue to follow our surgeon's directions.  

Good Luck.

Dr. ES

Worried about Swelling

+2

Do not fret! I doubt that your surgeon would "dismiss your concerns", he was probably just very aware of the work that he had done and what your results would be.  Swelling can go on for months following a Tummy Tuck.  Just continue to be compliant and wear your garment and I am certain you will love your end results.  Board Certified Plastic Surgeons really know what they are doing. Best of Luck!

Swelling After Tummy Tuck?

+1

Some swelling after tummy tuck surgery is to be expected and may continue for several months after surgery. It may take up to a year to see the final results of surgery. Localized swelling  (for example the “bulge” above the belly button)  may be a seroma  or hematoma.

These fluid accumulations are complications associated with tummy tuck surgery that may present as “swelling”;  these complications should be diagnosed and treated by your plastic surgeon (seromas  and hematomas).

I hope this helps

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

It has been only 15 days from your surgery.  It takes about 2-3 months for your swelling to decrease and to see your final contour.  I would not worry too much about your swelling and trust your plastic surgeon.  Share your concerns with him.  Also, wear the prescribed garment and limit your activities to decrease the swelling.  Good luck to you.

2 weeks out from tummy tuck and swollen

+1

rest assured this is very normal. I see swelling to some degree in my patients ( particularly those who  have liposuction of their abdomen as well) for 3 or 4 months. It is very early, not to worry!

Swelling of periumbilical regions

+1

If you are two weeks post-operative after a tummy tuck, you more than likely have normal swelling of the tissues around the umbilicus that you are complaining about.  If you feel a fluid shift or fluid under the umbilcus you should checek with your doctor.

Belly button Selling

+1

Fifteen days after a tummy tuck is TOO EARLY to evaulate the results. Give it at least 3 months but stay in close contact with your physciian.  ,

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Sonogram after tummy tuck will help diagnose swelling.

+1

Hi.

I don't know why you are swollen above your belly button, but you want to make sure right away that you don't have a hematoma or a seroma, because these conditions need to be treated promptly. A sonogram of your abdomen will diagnose a seroma or a hematoma.

If you don't have either of these, then just wait.  You will see your full result in a about three months.

Time will tell

+1

I have some patients with prolonged puffiness in the upper abdomen. This is usually swelling due to the liposuction I almost always do in that area. Once in a while I do have to remove fluid by using a small needle.

Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

What can cause swelling in upper tummy 15 days after tummy tuck?

+1

Common causes of postop swelling in the upper tummy include one or more of the following:

1. fluid collection trapped under the skin flap (called a seroma)
  2. swelling in the tissues (edema)
  3. residual areas of fatty tissue as a result of 'gathering', bringing the muscles together without thinning some of the overlying fat
  4. residual bulge from not repairing the diastasis high enough or tearing out of the sutures in the repair because of nausea and vomiting
  5. a residual area of fatty tissue that was not treated

15 days is not a long time, and I would definitely not be concerned at this point.  Make sure your surgeon is aware of the issue so that it can be monitored and treated to your satisfaction.