I Am 15 Days Post Op Can I Put Polysporn on my Areola Incisions?

I am 15 days post op and took my paper tape that surrounded my nipples off on day 13 and there was a few spots that bled. I put polysporn on because I thought it would help in the healing of the wounds also making the scars less visible in the long run. I was also told I could re tape with paper tape around the nipple like they were. I have heard from somewhere that it is NOT good to put polysporn on the areola post surgery? Also how long should you keep the incisons covered with the tape?

Ask your surgeon for specific post-op questions

+1

Post operative wound care really needs to be very closely monitored by the surgeon who did the operation.  If I was your surgeon, I would want you to listen to my advice.  We all have slightly different approaches to wound care so you need to see your surgeon and ask these questions.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon