15 days post op - Despite using the band and giving myself massages, my right breast is not dropping (photos)

Is this going to require a revision? WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MY RIGHT BREAST DROP? it's starting to look deformed after wearing the band for several hours.

It’s actually very common for the right implant to drop more slowly.

+1
In people who are right-handed, the muscles are more developed on that side so it’s not uncommon for right implants to drop a bit more slowly. You’re only two weeks into your recovery, and that’s much too early to start panicking. Keep following your plastic surgeon’s post-op instructions to the letter, and remember that your body needs time to relax and let the implant move into its final placement. This is a process that takes several weeks or more, with your final results visible at around the six month mark.

Give it time.

+1
This is why I tell all my patients that they will initially be "High, Hard and Ugly." 

15 days is too early to start worrying! 

Breast implants can take up to three months to settle completely; especially if your implants were placed below the chest muscle or in the sub-pectoral position.  In addition to having my patients wear a front closure sport bra following surgery, I provide my breast augmentation patients with an elastic breast band which will help to facilitate the settling process by sitting entirely above the breast implants.  Also, it is not uncommon for implants to settle at different rates.

Be patient and if three months later there is no resolution you follow up with your surgeon. 

Stephen T. Greenberg, MD

Two weeks postop breast augmentation too early to declare revision

+1
Two weeks postop breast augmentation surgery is too early to determine whether you'll need a revision. Please be patient and follow your doctor's advice. 

Gary Horndeski MD

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Too early to consider a revision 15 days post breast augmentation.

+1
Both breasts are artificially supported by postoperative swelling in an asymmetrical way. Both should change over time

15 days post op - Despite using the band and giving myself massages, my right breast is not dropping

+1
Needs revision after 3 months healing would be my guess over the internet. Best to discuss with your surgeon in person... 

Breast surgery

+1
Way too early to tell. Often if right handed the muscle is thicker and holds the implant higher a bit longer then the non dominant side. So please relax, visit with your surgeon and in 3 months lets us know how things are going.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks post breast augmentation

+1
At two weeks post breast augmentation, it is too early to see the final results.  Best to give it a few months.

"settling" of your breast augmentation

+1
Thank you for your pictures. I think the one picture where you're holding the camera when your right hand makes the that breast look more informed than normal. Your other pictures the asymmetry is a little more subtle. I would keep using the band at your plastic surgeon's urging.  Allow three months for the tissues to settle and soften then you can critically evaluate your result to see if a revision is necessary.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1
I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery, but after only 15 days, it is much too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed (and whether or not revisionary breast surgery will be helpful/necessary). At this point, I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and continue to follow his/her instructions. It is not unusual for breast implants to “settle” asymmetrically and it may take several months before the breast implants have reached their final position, in some cases. Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed and not require additional surgery.