15 Cm Long Scar on my Left Cheek, Best Treatment?

i have a 15 cm long scar on my left cheek, I got it when I was 6 months old while playing with a blade.  I have never applied any scar removal cream and not even any laser treatment, Can anyone please suggest for the best possible treatment. thank you

Facial scar

+2
Unfortunately, your scar runs counter to the lines of tension in the face which makes it more visible. One simple potential solution is to purchase Dermablend cream and powder makeup in the appropriate skin tone to camouflage the scar. The photo does not visualize the depth of the scar. It is possible to consider scar revision, preferably serial excision of limited segments to produce a thinner scar but this would involve a healing period and there are no guarantees. There is no such thing as scar removal cream. Once the skin has been breached, there will always be a scar. I also recommend that you avoid sun exposure and use sunscreen religiously.

Melarase creams for the skin and fractional co2 for scar resurfacing - Los Angeles

+1

Begin treatment with a topical skin lightener such as Melarase PM first. The next step would be fractional co2 laser to resurface and even-out the skin. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar revision

+1

Creams and lasers will not help this scar after so much time has passed.  While the scar cannot be removed, it can be made less noticeable with multiple small zig-zag incisions to break up the linear aspect of the scar.  I think you could get a very nice result using this technique.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Scar Revision with Profractional Laser Resurfacing

+1

Hi Parul.  Before considering surgical excision, we would suggest trying a fractional laser resurfacing procedure.  We use the Sciton Profractional resurfacing and have had some success with other scars like yours.  Multiple procedures would be required and 5-7 days or recovery is necessary.  We are located in Orange County and would be happy to meet with you to discuss the procedures. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD