I'm Only 15 and my Breasts Are Already Saggy - What Can I Do?

i am a 34C and my breasts are saggy , but im only 15 so i think they should be perky , especially since theyre not totally huge. im really embarresed of them because most girls my age have nice cleavage and i dont. im thinking about surgery but i dont want to be unblanced....so would breast lift be the best thing ? does it really make a big difference ?

Breast Lift Surgery & Age

+1

When patients have significant breast sag, I don’t feel that they should be denied the benefits of breast lift surgery because of an arbitrary age cutoff. Before proceeding, there are several unique considerations in this group that must be considered.

One of these is the issue of breast growth. I would prefer stabilization of breast growth for at least six months prior to proceeding with surgery. Another issue is the age of consent. Because of this, parents should be involved in every step of the decision making process.

Breast lift surgery is associated with high patient satisfaction rates. Younger patients may experience benefits that may not occur in older patients. These include less teasing about their breast sag at a time when their self image is developing and improved athletic performance at a time when participating in sports is important.

Without pictures and a physical exam, it’s hard to know what type of breast lift is best for you. In some cases where breasts are large, breast reduction can be performed as a component of your breast lift.

If you’re considering a breast lift, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. It’s also important that your parents be a part of the decision. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery in a young teen age girl

+1

Every one develops differently and the breasts are no exception.  There is no reason why your breasts developed the way that they did.  The good news is that this problem can be corrected.  I am sure that this effects your self-confidence.  The first step is to seek the care of an experienced plastic surgeon who can explain your alternatives as well as the risks and benefits.  If you are a minor then you may need to have a parent accompany you to the consultation.

Breast Lifting for 15 Year Old?

+1

I'm surprised and apologize for some of my colleagues'  responses.  I frankly think they are inappropriate....

At your age, the concerns you have may be very legitimate. I would suggest that you begin to do your homework and learn about breast lifting  and the pros and cons associated with the procedure. I would suggest waiting to have any procedures done until the time when you have  reached a plateau in your growth.  It's time the procedure carefully;  some patients wish to have the procedure done after completing pregnancies...

Saggy at 15

+1

It is difficult to offer suggestions without a formal exam and consultation.  But, if your breasts are sagging, and if they are quite large,you may be a candidate for a breast reduction which would also lift the breasts.  But, I would wait until you have fully matured, nad a consultation would only be available with parental consent..

Young and not so perky: breast lifts

+1

A breast lift may provide you with an improved contour but it will require incisions and scars on your breasts and you must be prepared for this. Generally it would be best to wait for you to achieve a stable growth. This could also interfere with your ability to nurse following pregnancy. Discuss this with your pediatrician and gyneocologist first.

Saggy breasts at 15

+1

If you have stopped growing, I would consider having a breast lift.  If your breasts "came in" saggy, you probably have a imbalance in your breast development.  The most common imbalance is when the upper part of the breast develops normally but the lower part does not.  This leaves the areola and nipple looking too low and sometimes big and puffy and the whole breast looking saggy.  This is an example of a "tuberous" breast. 

A breast lift can do a lot to improve the balance of the breast and the position and size of the areola and nipple.  I do almost all my breast lifts using a vertical technique which leaves a scar around the areola and a vertical scar from the bottom of the areola down to the crease under the breast.  Breast lift usually does not result in sensation loss or loss of ability to breast feed an infant.

I think the teenage years are tough enough without being ashamed of how your chest looks if your problem can be addressed safely and effectively and if you are mature enough to make the decision.  I would discuss this with your mother or another female relative or friend whom you trust.

Also, at your age, it's not so much what the boys like.  It's having you feel comfortable with your body.

Good luck,

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

I'm Only 15 and my Breasts Are Already Saggy

+1

You are much to young for breast lifting surgery. Wait until the age of 18 than consider the surgery. But there are always scars. Seek in person consults with a parent. 

Get a life

+1

All breasts droop. Some sooner than others, I have seen thousands of breasts and they come in all shapes and sizes -- deal with school and a career - grow up and you will be fine. In life you will learn that only women complain about saggy breasts, as long as you have them a man will be happy. This may sound a little sexist -- but such is life.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD