Im 15 and I Have Incredibly Puffy Eyelids? (photo)

i have very puffy eyelids that make me look tired all the time. it isnt an aging problem either because im 15. puffy eye lids are genetic for me. But whats really weird is one eye is much puffier. what options would i have to make them less puffy?

Puffy Eyelids at 15

+1

In general, puffiness of eyelids at such a young age is usually not unattractive.  I find it difficult to find fault with the anatomy presented.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Puffy lids in a 15 y/o

+1

will never warrant  a surgical procedure from me.  And if you find a surgeon willing to operate on you, beware or ensure yourself that you are covered if you do not achieve what was anticipated.  And I cannot appreciate anything of concern on your photos.

Curtis Wong, MD

Im 15 and I Have Incredibly Puffy Eyelids?

+1

The concern of teenage upper "puffy" eyelids is a combination of causes. The youth effect before full growth is completed, The familial/genetic effect of this is in your genetic pool. The combination of those two. Best to allow complete growth til age 18 to 21. Than seek IN PERSON evaluation with boarded PS. 

Eyelid surgery in 15 years old patient

+1

It is difficult to evaluate your problem without a full face photo with you looking straight ahead.  In young patients like yourself, less is more, meaning not doing anything or minimal invasive procedures are favored. Sometime, upper eyelid ptosis (droopy) can give illusion of puffy eyelid, etc.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Full brow

+1

Hi Renee

Honestly, your brow and eyelid fullness is a sign of youth and at this age, I would not recommend doing anything invasive.

Having said that, your picture does not allow us to fully  appreciate the subtle features of your skin to see if you actually have edema [swelling] of the skin or the underlying tissue. If that is the case, then seeing a dermatologist when you eyelid is puffy, as you describe, would be important.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

15 Years Old and Have Incredibly Puffy Eyelids?

+1

Your photo actually demonstrates a relatively youthful looking eye and a very nice, refined brow shape. Genetics sometimes cause a full eyelid at a very young age. If you wanted to have this treated with a blepharoplasty, that is possible. But I would recommend doing nothing and waiting 3-5 years to determine how much this truly bothers you. As I mentioned, you have a very pretty eye in that photo and I don't think it's worth pursuing surgery to change something that doesn't need to be changed. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffy eyes

+1

My recommendation is to do nothing. You are so young and I understand this bothers you, but part of this, as you stated, is how you are 'built!' Maybe when you are a bot older and you see some aging changes, you can correct this all at once, but, enjoy yourself with your imperfections.... We all have hem

Roger Bassin, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon