14weeks After Septoplasty I Have Pain at the Tip of my Nose

and keep having a strange sensation as if I am having a nose bleed but there is nothing there. The ent specialist says my nose has healed correctly and pain may be due to scar tissue & cant explain this strange sensation. Can anyone explain this ?

You are still healing, can take up to 6 months. If you have redness see your surgeon asap

+2

If the pain you are experiencing at the tip happens only when you press the tip, then the area is still healing, it can take unto six months to completely heal.  If there is redness also at the tip then you may have an infection of the cartilage. Lastly if the sensation is a burning or tingling it could be due to injury to a nerve, although this is unlikely.

Septoplasty and tip pain

+1
You may have some discomfort as stated by your ENT due to the healing process. It is not uncommon after some nasal surgery to have a sensation that the nose is running however this usually occurs only in the first few weeks after surgery. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD