I had an open septo rhinoplasty 3 months ago. I like my nose shape but my nose tip is so big and bubbly. Will it change? (Photo)

I have a really large 3/4 view and I feel like my nose is still very over projected. Surgeon said he was going to remove nasal spine to help but never did. Nervous it's going to stay like this. I had a smaller tip before surgery so not sure why it's so much larger after surgery

Three months is too early to pronounce judgment on a rhinoplasty.

+1
First of all it looks as though the result so far is pretty good. Secondly, you will see changes in the nose for many months albeit subtle. Keep patient and stay in touch with your surgeon.

Swollen Tip After Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Sam1010~

Thank you for your question and photos. At three months out your tip is still swollen. It can take a year or longer for swelling to completely resolve after a rhinoplasty, and the tip usually stays swollen the longest. Your nose and your tip in particular should look smaller and more refined with time. It is not possible to compare without your pre-operative photos. Please follow-up with your surgeon if you have any concerns about your nose.

Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD