How to Center 14 Year Old Sons Nipple?

My 14 Yr Old Sons Left Nipple is off Center and Points Down--since Birth. How Do We Fix?

My sons left nipple is off center and points down. He is very self conscious and asked if it can be fixed. We are exploring different procedures to fix. What would be the least invasive proceedure?

Correcting nipple position and size

+2

Position of nipple and projection can be improved with minor surgery under local anaesthetic (that means you stay awake). The actual surgical technique will depend on the exact location and degree of the problem, but usually involves cutting away some skin and trying to position the scars at a place that won't be too noticeable. Examples will be at the base of the nipple and the margin of the areola.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Malposition

+1

As mentioned by my colleagues, nipple repositioning is relatively straightforward and with minimal discomfort.  There will be risks associated with the procedure that you should review with your selected doctor.  Costs will vary considerably as well so you are encouraged to investigate it thoroughly before having this procedure.

Curtis Wong, MD

Correction of assymetric nipples

+1

Abnormal orni asymmetric nipple shape, size, and direction of projection can usually be corrected with a minor surgical procedure.  In most cases, this can be performed under local anesthesia in under an hour.  The procedure may involve excising excess nipple or areolar tissue, or releasing shortened lactiferous ducts which may cause the nipple to invert or point in a skewed direction.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon