I'm 14 years old with a 34 FF (UK). Is a breast reduction an option?

I started to develop around 9 but my growth was very rapid, and by the time I was 13, my cup size was a FF. The size hasn't changed in nearly 2 years. I suffer from back and neck pains and am extremely self conscious of my boobs which has lead to bad posture. I can never find bras or bikinis that fit and I just hate them. I want to go down to maybe a C or D cup - which is still big, I know. Can someone tell me if it's an option?

Breast Reduction at 14?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your disproportionately large breasts are causing you.

It is probable that you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for your frame causing both physical and psychological distress.

Although it may be slightly too early to undergo this procedure, it is not too early to do your homework and learn as much as possible about breast reduction surgery and the potential risks and complications associated with the procedure. Hopefully you have the support of your parents as you do your homework.

Unsatisfactory scarring is one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understands that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).Sometimes breast reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.When the time is right, seek consultation with well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.