Can a 14 Year Old Have Liposuction and Transfer the Fat into Her Buttocks?

My 14 year old daughter has been asking me for liposuction. I was wondering if she is a candidate for it. Her height is 5'1 1/2 and she weighs 132 pounds. She would like it to be done on her thighs but she has also asked me if she could transfer some of the extra fat in her thighs and insert it into her buttocks.

How early is too early for plastic surgery

+1

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the question.  The quick answer is that 14 years of age is too early for aesthetic liposuction.  Although there is nothing physically limiting doing liposuction at 14 year old the psychological and social aspects make it a less than idea decision.  Certain plastic surgery procedures are indeed sometimes performed at an early age but these are procedures done more for reconstruction.  I would continue the conversation and perhaps shoot for the 18 year mark to possible undergo any aesthetic procedure.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.scottsdaletummytuck.com/

Too early - you are still growing!

+1

The 14 year old should not consider liposuction or fat transfer surgeries. The body is still maturing, growing and changing at this age. The healthy way to loose some weight is to exercise and keep on the healthy diet. Maybe in the future if the weight is still an issue that patient can reconsider some help from plastic surgeon.   As far as reshaping the buttocks  that will have to wait also just a few years.

Lposuction for a 14 year old

+1

A 14-year-old should not have cosmetic liposuction.

Teenage girls are developing their body image - and often are dissatisfied with themselves.

it is hard for loving parents to say 'no.' But this is what your daughter needs to hear - a  gentle 'no' that makes her feel loved and accepted.

As a parent, I suggest that you say something like,

"I am sorry you don't like the way you look,darling, but you are beautiful to me. If you want to do this when you are an adult, that is fine. But I wouldn't be happy paying for you to change yourself when I think you look fabulous already."

Buttock fat transfer is a no at 14

+1

Mature body shape is just beginning to take hold at age 14, and we would consider liposuction at this age a not so good idea. A healthful active life style full of exercise is better, and a body shaper garment for special occasions.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

14 is too young for liposuction

+1
I think it is inappropriate to consider liposuction on a child of this age, particularly when combined with fat injections into the buttocks. Your daughter is undoubtedly influenced by peers and the media. I would recommend that she try to use weight and put aside thoughts of surgery until she is of age.

Cosmetic surgery on a minor

+1

Your 14 years old daughter is under great influence by her peers, media, andd society.

At her age advice to concentrate on her future career, diet, excecise and healthy lifestyle. 

No

+1

I don't think it is appropriate for a 14 year old to have liposuction with fat transfer.  Aside from the ethical issues, a 14 year old is still growing and changing.  Their body contours can be over-treated or under-treated as they continue to grow.  It is best to wait until they are full height with a stable weight as adults.  Also, the maturity at a later age will allow them to make better decisions regarding their health.

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Too young for buttock augmentation?

+1

My personal opinion is that your daughter is too young to consider liposuction of her thighs with fat transfer to the buttocks. Yes, it CAN be done, but SHOULD it? I think not.

I would rather see her on a program of good nutrition and perhaps working with a personal trainer as well.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction + BBL in a 14yo

+1

Thanks for your question. Every case should be individually evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon, but in most cases I'd say that a 14 year old is still too young to get liposuction done. At 14, your body is still developing, so you should probably wait until she grows older in order to get a better idea if she really wants to get operated on.

Nonetheless, nothing beats a personal evaluation, because there might be a special detail that could change the story. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon to get a final opinion

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.