What Options do I Have for Removing Nostril Hair Premanently?

I have nose hair that you may see if you're standing close to me. It really gets me incecure. I've done laser once, but now it growimg out again, what should I do?

LASER hair removal nose

The hairs of the nose (vibrissae) serve a purpose to filter the air around us. Removing the hair can potentially lead to a less physiological mechanism of the nose. On the other hand, hairs of the nose can be unsightly and plucking nasal hair can lead to potentially deadly infection. Excessive nasal hair can actually lead to worse function of the nose.

LASER hair removal is an option for select persons and is effective in removing hair from the nose. Typically, 2-4 sessions are required to permanently reduce the amount of nasal hair.  In our experience, with the appropriate hand piece, there have not been any mucosal changes to the nose with LASER hair removal.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal for nose

You will most likely need 6 sessions or more to achieve optimal results from laser hair removal targeting hair here. You can continue your treatment if you have had success with it in the past. 

However, please do not proceed with treatment if you are referring to hair inside the nostrils. 

Laser hair removal

Laser hair removal is the best option.  And remember it will take a couple of treatments.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Laser Hair Removal In Nose

Laser hair removal in this region is not a viable option.  Two important principles of laser hair removal are good contact and effectively cooling the skin during treatment.  This ensures both a safe and effective treatment.  Unfortunately, it would be rather difficult to achieve this in the nasal mucosa.  Nasal trimmers are your safest option.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Nostril Hair Removal

Laser hair removal is a wonderful treatment for this issue.  You will need several treatments depending on how fast your hair grows.  There is no way to predict exactly how many treatments you will need.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist