I'm 14 year old female and have a huge dorsal hump on my nose. What treatment would you recommend?

I have a huge dorsal hump on my nose. I am 14 and a female. When I was a baby I fell on my nose but it did not break and it was fine when I was a young child but at age 10/11 a hump starting forming and it has become bigger and bigger. What can I do about it? And how much would it cost?

14 and a huge dorsal hump

+1
It is difficult to comment without photos. Women mature earlier than guys and can have surgery at an earlier age. on the other hand at 14 you might be a little young. You want to be sure that your face has finished growing. This is usually 14-16 in girls. Be patient.

Hump on nose

+1
Dear Tayler123,

• You should wait until you are about 15 or 16 before a rhinoplasty
  • With the help of your parents, seek out a rhinoplasty expert who can address your concerns
  • This is best handled by surgery, a non-surgical rhinoplasty can hide a small bump, but a large one needs to be removed with surgery

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1
  If you have finished growing, a rhinoplasty to remove the hump would be a reasonable alternative.