Almost 14 Weeks After I Had my Lipolite on my Tummy and Still Absolutely No Change at All. Is This Normal?

i am 5ft 2 and weigh around 53-54 kilos.. and no chaned in weight at all either. please help! is there a chance that something will happen in the future?

When do you see the difference after LipoLite

+1

No liposuction will give a significant change in weight as the fat removed does not weigh much for its volume. As to the visible improvement, remember, you chose an alternative to traditional liposuction in the hopes of the promises made by the surgeon being true, so you need to decrease the expectations of the visible result too.

Weight Loss After Liposuction

+1

At more than three months after your procedure, whatever signficant results that are going to occur would have occurred. This applies to both contour changes and weight loss. No form of liposuction and its results should be judged by weight loss. While in many patients some weight loss may occur in larger volume extractions, the primary objective of liposuction is contour change/reduction.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction is a shaping procedure and not a weight loss procedure, most often a tummy tuck is needed for the abdomen

+1

While not having the benefit of your photos, it is very possible that you needed an abdominoplasty with your liposuction. Most woman who have gained and lost weight and/or had babies, really need skin removal with a tummy tuck in conduction with their liposuction. If the problem is loose skin, a tummy tuck is the answer. If you have tight skin but no reduction in the thickness of your abdominal tissue, you may not have had adequate liposuction. 

The best answer to your questions will be answered by an experienced Board Plastic Surgeon. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Judge your Lipsuction results by shape, not by weight

+1

Liposuction is a body contouring procedure, not a weight loss procedure. This is true no matter the specific type of liposuction - traditional, tumescent, laser, etc.  When judging your results, it is more important what you look like, not what the scale says. In some cases, the actual amount of weight loss will be minimal but your shape will be significantly better.  I tell my patients to focus on how they look in the mirror and how clothes fit as opposed to the number on the scale.  Keep in mind, that it can take 9-12 months to see the final results from liposuction. This is because there is still swelling that takes a long time to go down.  Most patients are "happy" with their results at 1 month, but get even "happier" each month for up to a year.

Matthew Schulman, MD