14 Days Post Op for a Tummy Tuck but I Still Have a Big Pooch on Lower Tummy. Will This Go Away?

14 days post op, I have a bigger lower tummy pooch than on day 3 post op. It is actually the same size as I had before, just much harder. I want to know if this is normal, as I see many post op pics and videos of other ladies where they are almost completely flat. I am extremely disappointed and depress that I have gone through this ordeal for nothing. I also have pleats on my scar, I hope this also will go away? When I wear my girdle, I even have a muffin top! Why is this happening?

14 days post op and still puffy, normal?

+1

Yes, it is normal to be swollen and irregular looking and for the scar to have some pleating, I would tell you to relax and allow your body to heal, things will change dramatically over the next few weeks to months.. 

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1
14 days post surgery it is very normal to have puffiness. It takes 6 to 9 months for the swelling to completely subsides.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

It is normal to have swelling for several weeks after a tummy tuck.  The bruising I see in your photos and the firmness you mention make me wonder if you bled in there and have a hematoma? Certainly discuss with your surgeon to rule anything like that out.  If that is not the case then try to be patient until your body heals and swelling resolves.  The pleating almost always goes away after several weeks as well.  

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Untoward Result??

+1

Yes, this dose not appear customary. May I suggest you return to your surgeon to address your concerns this week. You may be developing a fluid collection under the skin of your abdominoplasty called a seroma. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon