Im 14 and Would Like to Get a Breast Reduction. They Cause Unwanted Attention from Older People Even Family Members?

About 5.4 . 160 lbs 14 yrs of age .. 36ddd . Ive really thought about my decision and I understand the effects and risks and im willing to take a chance. Im nt able to play sports or anything.and they really have been causing me back and neck problems lately. I would like to know if it is possible and where could I find someone to do it. My mom supports my decision 100%

Breast reduction at 14?

+2

Your concern is a fairly common one, you should wait until you are fully grown before considering having it done. Of course, you need your parents' consent to go for a consulation or have surgery.

Teenage breast reduction

+2
Your situation is a common one and I sympathetize. Unfortunately, the insurance companies do not and deny coverage for women below age 18 now. See an orthopedist or physical therapist for management of the back pain and also try to find a compressive, well fitting bra. Best of luck.

Breast Reduction for 14 Year Old?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced because of your disproportionately large breasts.

It is possible that you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for your frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

It will  probably be in your best interests to undergo breast reduction surgery  in a few years when your breasts have reached a stable state. However, it is not too early at this point to learn more about breast reduction surgery ( pros and cons).

As you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you  also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

I am glad you have your mother's support as you go through this difficult time.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Breast reductions in minors

+1

At age 14, you most likely have virgin breast hypertrophy.  You would benefit from a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Reduction, which avoids boat anchor incisions.  The weight of your breast is transferred to the underlying muscle to eliminate pain will provide long lasting support for future size changes.  This procedure can be done on people your age but will require parental consent.  If your insurance company does not cover breast reductions then you will be responsible for the cost.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction in a Teenager

+1

There is no doubt that many of the problems associated with abnormally large breasts can be significantly improved  by a breast reduction.  These include relief of shoulder and back pain, making exercise easier and more comfortable, allowing you more freedom to wear different types of clothing, and generally improving your self-image.  I usually prefer waiting until the patient is 15 or 16 at the earliest, as there is a chance your breasts may continue to enlarge after the surgery otherwise.  You must be willing to accept the disadvantages of the scars on your breasts and the possibility of decreased nipple sensitivity and difficulty nursing a baby in  the future.  That said, the vast majority of breast reduction patients are extremely happy with their results and only wish they had the surgery earlier.

Web reference: http://www.pbplasticsurgery.com