Can a 13 Year Old Female with a Hump on Their Nose Get a Nose Job?

The hump doesnt bother me. Its just the tip. It droops down. I would want just like a little lift at the tip of my nose.

13 is young to consider a rhinoplasty

+1

You may need to wait a few years  before you consider a rhinoplasty.   At 13 you may not be mature enough to understand the consequences of surgery.  Discuss your concerns with our parents.  

Rhinoplasty fr a teenager

+1

We don't like to do rhinoplasty surgery to alter nasal shape until we are sure he nose has stopped changing. In a young woman that is about 15-16 years old at a minimum.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Age for rhinoplasty

+1

I believe that facial growth needs to be complete prior to rhinoplasty.  The patient also needs to be mentally mature enough to undergo a surgical procedure.  The age of treatment varies from patient to patient.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Youngest Age For Rhinoplasty

+1

I recommend that females be at least 16 years old and males be at least 18.  In some patients, temporary solutions including injections of Radiesse, Restylane, or Juvederm can reduce or eliminate the appearance of a hump.  Restylane and Juvederm both have the advantage of being removable at any time allowing for maintenance of the affect until just a few days before surgery.  Radiesse may have the advantage of better longevity if surgery is not planned for at least a year.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at a young age - minimum age for rhinoplasty

+1

Dear suzyd,

1. I think it is too early for you to have a rhinoplasty as you may not be fully grown
  2. If you do rhinoplasty too early, it will affect your results as you get older
  3. To buy some time, you can go in with a parent for a non-surgical rhinoplasty where we can inject a little temporary filler around the bump to hide it (if your anatomy allows it)

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty Age threshold

+1

Typically, the earliest age that I would perform an elective rhinoplsty would be 14-15 yo for a female and 15-16yo for a male.  The guideline for age can be increased if the patient has not completed a significant portion of their overall growth.  Since the nose changes with the growth of the overall body, it is not adviseable to operate on a nose until overall growth is nearly complete.   Best of luck.

George T. Moynihan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon