13 Weeks Post Tt Muscle Repair and Lipo, Will I Need a Revision? (photo)

I am really unhappy with my result and do you think this is my final result and will i need a revision and more work done I know im only 13 weeks but will I have to wait a year for it to be looked at again

Unhappy after tummy tuck

+1

I think you can have more skin taken out and you may be more happy with your abdominoplasty.  I do not think you need to wait a year to have it looked at.  You could have this surgery done soon if you wanted to.  Good luck! K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy after tummy tuck or with your skin?

+1

It looks like your doctor did a competent job when you are standing up not pinching anything.  That's all he/she can really do, as when you sit down extra skin appears and when your skin is a damaged as yours is with stretch marks and lost elasticity you will ALWAYS be able to grab a bunch in your hand.  You need to adjust your expectations give it a year and get in great shape and then see if you are happier.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

13 Weeks Post Tt Muscle Repair and Lipo, Will I Need a Revision?

+1

Appears as if a very conservative tummy tuck was done. Best to discuss with your surgeon the reasoning behind this. 

Revisions and Tummy Tucks

+1

Dear Marie24391,  There was an interesting paper in the "White Journal" of plastic surgery recently that looked at early revisions for facelift patients and while you did not have a facelift, you have many of the same issues that required many of the facial patients to return earlier than expected to the OR.  You have a great deal of stretch marks which means your tissues have been signifiicantly damaged. No matter how tight your surgeon pulled your tissues, there will be some relapse and loss of tightness which may require a return to the OR to revise the results.  These are great topics to discuss with your plastic surgeon whose goal is get the best result possible for you given your unique tissue characteristics.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Your before picture would helpful

+1

I agree with Dr. Morison. You should discuss your concern with your surgeon and compare your after pictures  to before pictures. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with tummy tuck results 3 months postop. Revision?

+1

Thank you for the question and photos. If you are unhappy, yes you will need a revision. You do have a lot of stretch marks all over, which tells me that you have inelastic skin. People with this type of skin do have a secondary relaxation and will need further skin excision to improve the results. Now, I do not know how you looked preop and how tight did your surgeon make the tummy tuck. From what I see, you will need a revision and liposuction to improve your results. Consult with your plastic surgeon, or get another opinion. Would wait at least another 3 months before considering surgery. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with tummy tuck results?

+1

A tummy tuck removes your extra tummy skin, along with tightening your muscles as you noted. If your excess skin continues across your hips into your back, a "flank-plasty" or skin excision that continues the scars along the back, sometimes meeting in the middle can be performed, although this is more than a tummy tuck...longer scars, more surgery, greater expense, etc.  Also, a tummy tuck does not necessarily thin out your thickness of subcutaneous fat, which is best accomplished with diet and exercise.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Unhappy abdominoplasty result

+1

Actually when you are standing straight the abdomen looks fairly smooth without much excess skin.  However when you are sitting its normal to some excess skin and fat rolls to exist.  I think first if you are thinking about a revision already it may be helpful to try to loose some weight so when you are ready for the revision the true nature of the excess skin will be better seen.  Being happy with a result depends on your expectations.  If you have realistic expectations then you will be much more likely to be happy.  If you are expecting more than what surgery can do then you may always be unhappy with the result. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Will I need a revision to my tummy tuck and lipo?

+1

While it is fairly early to see your final result since swelling can take months to resolve, it looks like there may be room to remove a little more skin. The muscle tightening looks good sitting and standing. Even if a revision is done, there will always be some looseness to the skin since the elasticity of your skin is not the same as before you got stretch marks. The fastest I would consider doing a revision is about 6 months, but it's generally best to wait a year.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Tummy Tuck Results at 3 Months

+1

Your contours do not look bad and some laxity of skin is normal, but, without preoperative pictures to evaluate, it is impossible to make any useful commentary about what was done.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA