I Am 13 Days Post Op Open Rhinoplasty/septoplasty/turbinates/spreaders? (photo)

I noticed the inside top of my nose was swollen (more on the left than right). I was wondering if this is permanent or will it go down with time.

13 days post-op open rhinoplasty

+2

13 days is still very soon after your surgery, and there will still be a good amount of swelling present. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

13 Days Post-op From Surgery

+2

Swelling this soon out from rhinoplasty, septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery will likely go down considerably. At 13 days post-op, you are much too early in the healing process to draw any significant conclusions regarding your outcome. I would recommend being patient and staying close contact with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Happy healing.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+2

Thank you for the picture. I understand your concerns, however, less than 2 weeks from an open rhinoplasty it's too early to truly evaluate results.  The nose will have significant swelling, particularly in the tip region.  As this slowly recedes, if there are persistent differences between sides, you should bring this to the attention of your surgeon. In some cases, massage or small doses of an injectable steroid are all that is neeeded. Best of luck moving forward.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

This swelling will most likely go down with time

+2

There is often fullness in the inner rim of the nostrils in the region of the internal  (marginal) incisions following rhinoplasty.  The skin can initially be swollen and thick and will flatten over time.  If the issue persists more than 6 months I would bring it to the attention of your surgeon to make sure it is not caused by some other source, such as malpositioned cartilage.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon