Does my Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift with Silicone Implants Look Normal? Skin on my Sides Bulging over Incision. (photo)

I had surgery with lipo 13 days ago, I wanted to know if any PS think everything came out normal? Now it looks like from the backside of me I have "love handles" (flanks), and the skin on the side of me bulges over my incisions.2nd Question: Under my right breast when they stitched me up, left a skin tag. I'm afraid it will ALL stay looking this way. thanks FYI:I also had a tattoo on my lower right side removed when I got my tummy tuck I included photos of my surgery & a before surgery photo

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Scars change for months after surgery.

+2

For two weeks after surgery you look good. Scars and pleating and irregularities are common early on and tend to flatten over time.Areas of liposuction stay swollen for a number of weeks if not months. Your surgeon will be watching you to be certain you are both pleased with the final outcome. Give it time  to see how things settle. you are just at the very begining of the healing process.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Post breast and tummy tuck surgery

+3

It is a bit early to get too worried. Let things heal and let the swelling go down before getting too nervous. You should wait at least 3-4 months minimum.

Post op photos

+2

You are very early in the postop period and things will change for over six months.  Only then should you critique your result.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Scars and shape At two weeks after surgery look great

+2

You are only two weeks after surgery.  Things may seem wrong and scary to you at this stage however be reassured that at three months you will look great.

After surgery your body goes through a healing phase.  Your scars settle down, body shape adjusts itself.  Right now when you look at yourself, try to squint and focus away from the details and try to see the overall changes.  Scars will smooth and fade, implants will settle down and achieve a more natural position/shape.  For two weeks after surgery you look great.

Dr. Martin Jugenburg

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Web reference: Http://www.torontosurgery.ca

QUESTIONS ==== ANSWERS

+2

Whoever did your surgery did a great job!

Your result will only get better over time. 

Things take 2-3 months minimum to settle.

Your surgeon tried hard to limit the length of all your incisions while acheiving the desired lift and tuck

Bravo!

Dr Del Vecchio

2 weeks out from surgery

+2

For two weeks your results look to be right on track. It's always hard to tell from photos alone but your scars have a long way to go. I tell my patients that they really need 6-12 months for scars to soften, lose color, and flatten out. For two weeks your scars look to be in good position and healing well. Ask your PS if they reccomend massage. Your flanks look good but again at two weeks they too will continue to change. As your implants drop this will change your lift scars as well. Patience is a virtue. All the best, Dr Kerr

Normal appearance for 2 weeks post abdominoplasty/implants

+2

you look very good for so soon after mastopexy/augmentation and abdominoplasty, certainly well within what is normal. be patient, the healing process takes many months.ask your surgeon if you have concerns.

Web reference: http://www.drbarach.com

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Post breast and tummy tuck surgery

+2

I think you are doing well considering that you are only two weeks after your surgery.  Both breast and abdominoplasty surgery will look different several months from now.  Right now, simply relax and let the normal progression of healing move forward. 

Don't hesitate to talk with your local Plastic Surgeon if you have any questions, however.

Good luck.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Mommy Makeover

+2

Dear Mommymakeover20,

You look fine at 13 days. It is not uncommon to have minor swelling, wrinkles, bumps and tags along or near your incisions. Be patient! These irregularities almost always go away with time( several weeks to several months).

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/dr-gervais

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Results?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

At 13 days  postoperatively,  I think you are doing very well.  it is MUCH  too early to evaluate the end results of surgery.

You will likely find that with time much of the irregularity, punching, and “skin tag” look will dissipate.  I would suggest continued patience and follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm