I'm 13 and I Would Like to Get Hair Removal Laser on my Full Body Am I too Young?

Is 13 to young for laser hair removal...

+1

Laser Hair Removal has no age requirement therefore it can be done at 13. Usually we have patients younger than 18 see their regular doctor to make sure that there are no medical or hormonal issues.  Although you are allowed to have the procedure done, you must be accompanied by a legal guardian for each appointment because you are a minor. Usually we advise patients to start with a small test area to ensure you are comfortable with the procedure and that the results are good.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

What age is ok for laser hair removal

+1

Laser hair removal works on any age. It's treating the active hair follicles. You need to have parental consent for treatments though. And I would also suggest starting with smaller areas of treatment to make sure you are comfortable with it.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Too young for laser hair removal?

+1

13 is not too young for laser hair removal when done by experienced professionals. However, you would need to have parental consent.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon