I'm 13 and I Would Like to Get Hair Removal Laser on my Full Body Am I too Young?

Laser hair removal for 13 year old

+1
You may have laser hair removal done at 13 however I always recommend that our laser patients have hit puberty, as this gives us a better understanding of your hair growth. Make sure you bring one of your parents to the consultation. There are many risks associated with laser hair removal so it is really important to choose the right medical clinic at which to have your treatments performed and that you understand all the risks involved with treatment.

Is 13 to young for laser hair removal...

+1

Laser Hair Removal has no age requirement therefore it can be done at 13. Usually we have patients younger than 18 see their regular doctor to make sure that there are no medical or hormonal issues.  Although you are allowed to have the procedure done, you must be accompanied by a legal guardian for each appointment because you are a minor. Usually we advise patients to start with a small test area to ensure you are comfortable with the procedure and that the results are good.

Shain A. Cuber, MD

What age is ok for laser hair removal

+1

Laser hair removal works on any age. It's treating the active hair follicles. You need to have parental consent for treatments though. And I would also suggest starting with smaller areas of treatment to make sure you are comfortable with it.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Too young for laser hair removal?

+1

13 is not too young for laser hair removal when done by experienced professionals. However, you would need to have parental consent.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon