Still Have Lumps 1 Year After Juvederm to Marionette Lines, are They Permanent? (photo)

I had Juvederm injected a year ago for my marionette lines which resulted in overfilling. I basically look like I have jowls. The lumps have not faded, and I am wondering if they ever will? Hylase has been suggested but I have been warned that this will leave baggy skin. Pelleve has also been suggested as a means of reducing the effect. I would rather just wait but I fear these lumps are permanent. Can anyone help?

Not permanant

+1
This can be fixed easily with one injection of Wydase. The Wydase will not leave your skin baggy.  Once injected it takes 3 days to dissolve the product. This is very safe and effective.  Good luck

Juvederm for marionette lines

+1

The Juvederm will gradually dissolve but hyaluronidase can be used to hasten it.  Hyaluronidase will just dissolve the Juvederm and not leave baggy skin.  Pelleve will not affect the Juvederm.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Bumps are not permanent

+1

Juvederm is a cross linked hyaluronic acid which provides lift and volume typically lasting 12 months. Vitrase is the antidote to hyaluronic acid (which includes Juvederm) and when injected into the area where the Juvederm is located will only "breakdown" the Juvederm usually within 24-48 hours. The Vitrase does not harm tissue just removes the Juvederm.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS