I Am 12wks Post-op, BA W/right Nipple Lift: Do/can I Continue Using the 'Strap' To Even Out Breasts?

My right breast has 'dropped,spread & settld'nicely. Left breast took longer to drop-12wks later they are still a bit uneven.From bottom edge of areola's down to breast 'folds' ther is a difrence, the left is still 3/4" higher than right. I hav pushd down on left breast & continously worn the strap to get implant to move down the 3/4" so it matches the right. Will still wearing the strap help, or no? Do I stop wearing strap? When I dont wear strap my left implant feels like it moves upwards.

Ask your surgeon

+1
Please return to your surgeon for advice. By this time, the strap may prove to be ineffective. You should wait another few weeks before assessing your results, especially if your skin is firmer and tighter, then return to your surgeon to discuss revision surgery.

Asymmetric breasts after breast augmentation

+1

Given the amount of time since your surgery straps and bras will not do much to change the implant position in any lasting way. You mention your concerns but say nothing about your surgeon. Your payment for surgery included your aftercare so you should talk to your surgeon who obviously has a better idea of what is going on than any surgeon on realself.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast Augmentation and Uneven Breasts

+1

I would ask the surgeon who performed your breast augmentation first. I routinely do not use any device to manipulate the implants. The implants will drop when the skin and muscle stretch.

Donna Rich, MD

Asymmetry

+1

It sounds to me like you were a bit uneven to begin with.  A photo would be helpful to advise you further.  In my experience external pressure can offer minimal help with slight asymmetries, but only if it's recognized within the first few days post-op.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

+1

Most likely one of two scenarios has occurred:  1) your left breast implant was positioned higher than your right one at the time of surgery, and thus, it will always be there unless it is repositioned, regardless of what you do, or 2) you may be developing an early capsule contracture on the left.  The fact that you report the implant changing some with wearing the strap may be more suggestive of #2. 

I would encourage you to discuss this with your surgeon who can examine you objectively.  If you are developing a capsule contracture, it may be possible to soften the capsule and attain satisfactory symmetry with medications like Singulair and vitamin E for a few months.  In that case wearing a strap, doing massage, and anything else that will stretch the capsule will help.  If you do have a capsule contracture, and this regimen works, it is a whole lot easier (and cheaper!) than repeat surgery.  If it doesn't, you can still have the surgery to restore symmetry, and the only thing you have lost is time.  I must emphasize that this recommendation is only for the case in which the left breast feels more firm and has capsule contracture - if it is just a case of the implant being improperly positioned to begin with, this will not be effective.  This is why a good exam by your surgeon at this point is of the utmost importance.

Good luck!

Dr. G

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1

You need to follow up with your surgeon.  At 12 weeks it is unlikely that the breast band will make a significant change since the tissues are healed.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Asymmetry after Breast Surgery

+1

Without seeing photos, it's difficult to say what is going on.  It sounds like you had some asymmetry to begin with (one sided breast lift) but if there is significant asymmetry after surgery then you should go and have a discussion with your surgeon.  No surgeon can promise perfection so some asymmetry may exist after surgery.  Only after looking at your before and after photos and examining you in person can I say if that asymmetry can be fixed surgically.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

Hi,

I'm afraid 12wks after breast augmentation is a bit late to see any changes using external forces to correct what you are describing. I think it's best you return to your PS and talk about a possible revision to expand the pocket inferiorly. Best wishes to you, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts post breast augmentation

+1

I recommend you return to your surgeon. without knowing the size of the breast implants on the two sides and seeing preoperative photos, and feeling the muscles at the time of surgery, it is difficult to answer that question correctly. your surgeon is the best resource for you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Breast band or strap 12 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

The breast band is helpful the first two weeks after breast augmentation, and often can be effective two weeks thereafter. By 12 weeks the implant probably will not respond to pressure from the breast band. There is no harm if you wish to use it at night, but if the implant remains high then your surgeon may need to release the fold further.

peterejohnsonmd