What to Expect 6 Weeks After Lipo? My Abs Are Hard/Numb? Will Ultrasound help? (photo)

1200cc Removed- Min. Results- Lipo Lwr Abs Muffin Top on 8.7.12 My Dr told me that I was 20% swollen, that I was seeing my result. He was pleased at my min brusing, swelling, pain. He informed me that I no longer needed to wear my CG. Before this, I was optimistic that, less than a wk post-op, I was probably quite swollen. However, now that I was told something different by operating Dr, I dont know what to expect in 6 wks? My abs are hard/numb. Will ultrasound help? Will softening impact my appearance? What questions do you suggest I ask? Thank you

Numbness 6 Weeks after Liposuction

+1

Numbness 6 weeks after liposuction may resolve over the course of a year.  The hardness tends to improve over 3 to 6 months, provided there is not an underlying fluid collection that needs to be drained.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Ultrasound can help after liposuction

+1

We do use ultrasound after liposuction to help smooth out hard areas, and massage works as well. Keep in mind that it may take three to six months for the final result to show.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/liposuction

Hello

+1

Six weeks after surgery you are still very swollen and bruised up that is very typical. It takes 6-9 months for everything to subside. In our practice we tell our patients to message the lumpy area that is scar tissue and messaging it helps break that down. Make sure you follow up with your surgeon; you need to follow his instructions.