Is $12,000 Too High for Breast Lift with Implants?

I am going to have a Breast Lift w/ Breast implants. I have silicone implants now and the doctor says there is a lot of scar tissue, my breasts are misshapen because of this. Therefore, he said it will probably be about a 5 hour surgery.

My quote for this was $12,000 +, that is only for saline implants too, if I want silicone it would be more. He is reputable in town. I've been told to shop around or go to another city, I thought maybe you could give me some insight.

Surgical Fees

+1

Surgical fees range widely across the country.  $12000 is expensive and about twice what we charge. In any regard, it is generally advisable to consult with 2 or 3 reputable surgeons in your area to find the best match.

Fee for revision of augmentation and lift

+1

While that fee sounds high, as others have stated, fees vary greatly depending on where you live.  Of course it depends on the complexity of the surgery and the amount of time it takes as well.  You may want to consult with a couple of other reputable ABPS surgeons in your areas.  You could consider consulting with a plastic surgeon in a less expensive region of the country as well.  

Laurence Weider, MD

Fees for lift ang augmentation

+1

The fee for that region in Florida may be appropriate I do not know..  The fee can depend upon the complexity fo the surgery and if he thinks it is going to take 5 hours, then perhaps that is the right fee.  If he gets good results, that is key, because choosing over price may cost you more in the long run.

+1

For a five hour operation this seems reasonable given the additional expenses of operating room and anesthesia. I would meet with other well qualified surgeons ot confirm the complexity of the procedure.

Your quote may be fair...

+1

Without examining you, no one can tell you if that is a fair quote or not. It is very true that you happen to live in a more expensive market, but you may find that by the time you travel to a less expensive surgeon, you eat up all of your savings in travel expenses! Some surgeons could do it for less because they operate faster (so less facility and anesthesia fees), but faster is not always better. It is certainly worth checking out a few other reputable surgeons in your area to ensure that they are within the same ballpark, then chose the one with whom you feel most confident (not just the cheapest). How do you know if they are reputable? Making sure that they are ASPS or ASAPS members is a good start. Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Cost

+1

Location can be the most critical issue....not only in which city or region of the country your surgery is being performed but also whether the operating room is located in a major hospital or an out-patient surgery center.

Here is a link to general price estimates in our office here in Atlanta.

http://www.swancenteratlanta.com/surgical-fee-estimates/

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Expect Breast implant exchange and Lift to cost more in expensive towns

+1

Location. Location. Location.

Dear Legs, you live in an expensive town so you should expect to pay more.

I assume the same fees or more would apply in Miami, New York, Chicago and LA. Our charges in Memphis are lower as I suspect they may be in other less expensive cities.

Pick the best surgeon you can and go with him/her.

Good Luck.

Cost for Breast lift with implants

+1

As we all know, prices for procedures will vary depending on the complexity of the case, geographic location, and surgeon. A good portion of the cost of a procedure is the anesthesia and facility charge which is usually an hourly rate. So, 5 hours of surgery is a considerable amount of time and if you are given an quote which is all inclusive and includes this 5 hours of anesthesia, than this may be why the quote may seem high to some. For an all-inclusive fee than includes surgeon fee, implant charge, anesthesia fee (of 5 hours), facility charge, and any post operative garments, the number you give seems quite reasonable.

Matthew Schulman, MD

$12,000 sounds like a lot to me.

+1

Go to my website www.zubowicz.com.  The fee for a mastopexy is listed there and it is firm.  We don't charge any more for anticipated difficulties.  It includes all charges.  Implants are sold at cost.  There is no additional charge for placing them.  Silicone costs more than saline.