Can a 12 Yr Old Cigarette Burn Be Removed?

When I was about 4 I got burned with a cigarette on my left nostril, according to my mother I kept picking at the scab and now it's black. I'm really self concious about it and even more so now that I'm a sophomore(16) soon to be junior in highschool.I'm scared I won't be able to have a "normal" life and that I'll continue to isolate myself from people with the exception of the small group of people that are around often enough that I'm comfortable with.

Do not use lasers for moles

While I agree with some of the posts to your question, I would like to strongly caution against the use of lasers for moles.  This is not an accepted treatment, although it may work, it has the potential to cover up a worse lesion, such as melanoma or basal cell carcinoma.

There have been published, scientifically sound studies demonstrating the ability to remove pigment with lasers and perhaps the moles themselves, however, I would strongly suggest that this is not something you pursue.  I know the physicians who have performed the research and they do not even offer this is a solution to their patients except in the extremely rare case of Giant Congenital Hairy Nevi.  A very rare condition.

For lesions that are pigmented on the face, I would recommend seeing a dermatologist to determine the exact cause of the pigmentation before jumping to treatment.  It could save your life.

Naples Dermatologic Surgeon