I'm 12 Weeks Post of TT Procedure and Still Have Numbness and Lumps, is This Normal? (photo)

I'm a little over 12 weeks post of my tt and lipo procedure. I have lumps above and below and numbness inside my belly button. I also have numbness above my incision and I'm swollen on my right side and partially flat on my left side of my abdominal between belly button and my incision. I would like to know if this is normal?

I'm 12 Weeks Post of TT Procedure and Still Have Numbness and Lumps, is This Normal?

+1

Yes very possible to still have these issues but best to discuss with your surgeon. Or seek in person second opinions. 

Numbness is typical after tummy tuck

+1

The numbness above the incision is typical after tummy tuck, and can be the last thing to improve, often nine months or more. At twelve weeks, it is time to focus on a return to exercise program as your result will be even better after more weight loss.

12 Weeks Post of TT Procedure and Still Have Numbness and Lumps

+1
  • Numbness --This is universal after TT. Many nerves that carry sensation from the abdomen are severed, loss of sensation is expected. A lot comes back over the course of a year.
  • Lumps- I really can't see too much on these photos, but they are 2-Dimensional, and the contours are 3-Dimensional. Areas of firmness are quite common after TT, particularly in patients with a thicker abdominal fat pad

Continue to follow up with your surgeon.  Thank you for your question, best wishes.