12 weeks post op upper blepharoplasty?

I'm 12 weeks post op and my scars are still very visible. Even with make up it's stull very obvious that I had surgery. I wonder if there's anything I can do to lessen the scars

This is the party line.

+2

However, not every scar is going to disappear. It is not really reasonable to make you wait a full year to determine this. I think a photo would be very helpful to understand what exactly is going on. It is reasonable to have the scar assessed even at this point. There are options available to help the scar.

Scars visible 12 weeks after upper blepharoplasty

+2

I would agree that pictures would be very helpful to answer your question. Do you feel the scars are noticeable because they are red, dark or raised? It can take 6-12 months for the complete healing of the scars to take place, so it still is fairly early after your upper blepharoplasty. How did your surgeon feel your eyes were healing? I would definitely recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon if you haven't already.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Toronto Blepharoplasty

+2

Can you post some photos so that we can see your scars and provide appropriate advice please? You should know that it takes a year to see your final scar results. Having said that, the scars from a blepharoplasty have usually healed very well by now. Photos are key. I usually have my patients massage their scars but you should only do this if your PS approves it. You should discuss your concerns with your PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)