12 Weeks Post Op Breast Implants, and Feel Deformed? (photo)

Hello, I am currently 12 weeks post op. 350 cc silicone under the muscle.I feel like I look deformed. However my doctor says I look great... I am very upset with my results at this point. It has been 3 months and it looks worse now than it did after the surgery. Why aren't my pectoral muscles releasing? Was my doctor incompetent? was I not a good candidate to have under the muscle surgery? Why do most women's breasts look amazing and I turned out looking like this?

Incomplete muscle release is the issue

+1

It's ok to have silicone implants under the muscle. It's even more critical to have the inner and lower most muscle released completely so the implant comes down naturally ! It is very clear that your surgeon did not create a big enough pocket by a full lower release of the pectoral muscle. It is fixable but will require a return trip to the OR to do it right

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aug

+1

From your pictures it looks like your pockets were not dissected big enough for your implants. You need to see your PS and see what options you have to correct. In our practice we place breast bands to help implants drop into pocket. You have a few different options, but without an exam it’s hard to determine which would benefit you the best.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

12 weeks post breast aug...

+1

It in the absence of capsule contracture (which appears unlikely) it appears that the lower attachments of the muscle to your breastbone have not been adequately released and are distorting the shape of your breasts there.  While some improvements occur with time, it apprears that you will need to have this revised which should be fairly simple.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Muscle release versus capsule issue

+1

If your breasts are becoming progressively firmer and more distorted the issue is likely a capsule contracture which is an abnormally thick breast implant capsule.  If this is the case the capsule can be released or even better removed.  If this is not the case and your breasts are not getting firmer then I suspect the shape of your breasts is caused by the muscle connection still being in place.  Correction of this would be relatively straight forward and involve the release of the muscle at the inner lower quadrant of your breasts.  This can be done under local anesthesia or under general anesthesia.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD