I Am 12 Weeks out from Breast Lift with Silicone Implants and Having Pain Only on Left Side?

I just got back to lifting weights (only 4 times) and I run everyday and I have since 3 weeks out. My left side on the side feels like a cramp?? I will push on it and I feel nothing- it's a very annoying pain. Any ideas? Thanks!! Joanna:)

Pain after Breast Aug after lifting weights

+1

Wow, you are doing way too much. 3 months out I would not be lifting weights. I do think it is ok to get back to more aggressive activity but listen to your body. I prefer my patients do not do any real pectoralis muscle exercises for at least 6-12 months if never again. I know never again is not realistic for most people but realize the more pectorals exercise you do the higher the risk over time that your implants will displace towards your armpits. You sound similar to many patients I have in that they really do not take to heart that we ask you not to do too much for the first 6 weeks at minimum because your body simply needs time to recover. I am going through this now with my wife. She just won't take it easy and she has lots of pain. You should follow your surgeons advice, but if you were my patient I would tell you take a major step back and take it easy on yourself. Let your body recover and maybe do a little more gentle cross training for now.

Pain after augmentation

+1

You may have muscular pain if the implants are submuscular.  The weight lifting may have contributed to your pain.  This should get better over time.  See your surgeon to rule out any problems.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

One-sided pain is not uncommon!

+1

At this point in your recovery, the activities you are doing are fine and will not cause harm if started gradually, and not carried to extremes.

Even though surgical procedures are done in as symmetrical fashion as possible, there will often be more swelling, bruising, scarring, or tethering to sensitive sensory nerves on one side or the other. This is normal and common, but not universal.

Just check with your surgeon to make sure all is well, and this too should gradually settle and resolve over 6-12 months. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Pains after weight lifting with breast implants

+1

You did not mention if you had a submuscular implant, and if you do it is not unexpected that your might develop muscle pain as you return to lifing. The augmentation produces a muscle tear and pull that might not be ready for strengthening. Pushing on the spot might not cause the tenderness, though certain motions or exercises will. Rest, anti inflammatory medication and cross training is the solution for now.

Breast Lift with Silicone Implants and Having Pain Only on Left Side

+1

Nothing beats having an exam by your surgeon to try to resolve the cause. Typically the discomfort is musculoskeletal in origin usually resolves spontaneously. Adding weight lifting uses the pectoral muscles, those most at risk for post op pain, and none of this is surprising or in any way alarming. 

Do stay in touch with your surgeon and be sure that you can be seen for evaluation. Thanks for the question, and best wishes. 

Left Breast Pain after Augmentation

+1

It is not unusual to have soreness and intermittent pain the first few weeks after an augmentation.   I would recommend close followup with your surgeon to ensure your implants are settling properly and there are no signs of capsular contracture.  

In addition, you may be pushing too hard too early.  If you feel your pain is worsened by certain activities, I recommend that you give your body more time to heal.    

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Unilateral Pain after Breast Augmentation/ Lifting Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort you are experiencing after surgery. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to give you precise advice after direct examination. Most commonly, however the discomfort you are experiencing is related to muscle skeletal pain ( which may be increased after you have started to increase your activity level). You may want to try resting the area and use anti-inflammatories if okayed through your surgeon.

Again, I would suggest following up with your plastic surgeon or more precise advice.