12 Months SP Reduction with too Much Taken: Nipples Too High, Can I Safely Have an Augmentation?

Breast Implants after Breast Reduction?

+1

Breast augmentation is certainly possible after previous breast reduction surgery. Typically patients in your situation wish to increase the size, fullness and projection of the breasts. The concerns you have regarding nipple/areola positioning will need to be addressed in person during consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Breast Implants after too much Reduction in a Breast Reduction

+1

Breast implant placement can help balance the volume of your breasts and can help reshape the breast after an overly reduced breast reduction. Loss of volume can happen after a breast reduction with weight loss, which after lightening the load on your chest it can make exercising easier and some patients have a tendency for increased weight loss after breast reduction surgery. This can lead to too much volume loss, which can be replaced with an implant, though this defeats the purpose of a reduction because you are adding weight back to the breast. It will be different adding this weight because the breast is lifted and tightened. Make sure your impression of breast volume loss is correct as you can "bottom out" which makes the breast look saggy. Sometimes a lower breast scar revision will tighten the breast enough to avoid implant placement. Lowering a nipple that is too high is difficult, though it would take some measurements to determine if this is from bottoming out.

i hope this helps.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Breast augmentation after breast reduction

+1

Implants can certainly be placed after breast reduction surgery and will provide volume replacement. I have done this on several occasions, usually after large weight loss that affected the size of the breasts significantly. Repositioning nipples is usually more challenging and each case is different. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to see what can be done in your case. Good luck.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Unacceptable results 1 year s/p a breast reduction

+1

Photos would have been helpful to better determine your situation and provide you with more exact and specific answers. Nevertheless, if too much breast tissue was removed during your breast reduction resulting in you being far smaller in size than desired, then breast implants can definitely be employed to correct the situation. Fat injections are another potential option though this approach is far more costly and not as well accepted.

Your nipples being situated too high on your breasts may or may not be a correctable problem. If there is a stretching out of the lower part of your breast to a significant extent, then a lowering of their position may be possible. An examination by a board certified plastic surgeon may help you decipher the answer to this.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

+1

in general  a breast implant can be safely placed after a breast reduction. in your case no specific recommendations can be made because of lack of information.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon