12 Days Post Op. Really Hate My Nose At This Point

2 yrs ago I got a silicone L-shaped implant on my nose. It had great projection & definition at the bridge but that was it. It shifted, the tip was crooked,& could feel the tip. Went to revision specialist & he used cartilage instead. My bridge no longer has the definition I loved and my nose is currently a weird triangle shape from the front with a HUGE wide and round tip. Cartilage is also CURVED and deviated. I feel like I lost everything. What to do? Can I revise now? Thx.

Edema (swelling) after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Give yourself a chance to heal before you jump to conclusions.  You are extremely early in the recovery process, and at 12 days you are still super swollen.  You may be alarmed because you've been through a rhinoplasty before where you experienced minimal swelling, to have the L-strut placed.  That was a far different surgery from this most recent one.  Using your own cartilage is more complex and requires greater manipulation of your nose, resulting in greater swelling.  Not to mention revisions are always more difficult.  I know it's easier said than done, but give it time to heal.  A significant amount of swelling will resolve over the next 6 months.  At that point if you still feel the same you can start thinking about planning a revision.  

12 Days after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

After a revision rhinoplasty there is more swelling and asymmetry - this is expected considering the L-shaped implant was mal-positioned.   The swelling will go down over the next 12 months.  

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Revision - Implant to Cartilage Conversion

+1

I can see your concerns from the photos but in the early postoperative time period there is going to be a significant amount of normal swelling. You really need to work with your surgeon to make sure you understand what he actually did and what he thinks is happening at this time and if he thought everything looked good at the time of the procedure. Sometimes apparent problems resolve themselves as swelling subsides and healing progresses. Other issues may remain and you may decide to have more surgery. However time usually will help things in a situation like this. If your surgeon is an experienced nasal surgeon he will have no problem getting you through this and on to a result you can be pleased with. Best of Luck

12 days after your rhinoplasty

+1

12 days is still very soon after surgery, and you just swollen at this point. It is important to be patient, as the final result of a revision rhinoplasty will not be evident for 18-24 months. It would be best for you to wait about 6 months for the swelling to go down, and go from there.  Thank you, and good luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Day 12 after rhinoplasty

+1

At 12 days, it is usually difficult to make any accurate determination about the final result. I will tell you that it is difficult to know how curved it actually is, given the amount of swelling after a revision rhinoplasty. As someone above also noted, I wouldn't pay much attention to the answers on a forum in your situation. Nothing will replace an examination by your surgeon. 

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about early results after revision rhinoplasty

+1

The amount of swelling after revision rhinoplasty sounds like a typical response.  I would not be overly analytical at this point in time. There are likely to be changes with continued healing including slight loss in projeciton of the nasal tip.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Rhinoplasty results take time

+1

There is no replacement for a discussion with your surgeon with regards to your concerns over your recent rhinoplasty.  It is certainly very early to see the final results.  While the Realself forum can give you guidance, the best advice would be to have patience and talk to your cosmetic surgeon.

Bellingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Talk To Your Rhinoplasty Sugeon

+1

The details of your question lead me to believe that you have a lot of knowledge as an active patient learning about and undergoing rhinoplasty followed by a revision rhinoplasty.

I believe that any answer you get from RealSelf surgeons at this point is inadequate and that you must first talk this over with your surgeon.

If you are my patient, of necessity you and I will have:

• Thoroughly reviewed your goals, your photographs, and my analysis or your nose and nasal appearance
  • We've looked at before and after pictures of many similar patients that have had the same techniques used as we had planned and used in your case
  • We've reviewed pictures of patients with more than average amounts of swelling and bruising after surgery.
  • And we would have extensively discussed the benefits and extended recovery swelling that we expect with the type of graft we chose (in my hands, this would be diced cartilage wrapped in fascia).

At this point, other surgeons are not able to jump in and be able to communicate in the same language that was shared with you by your surgeon. So unless for some reason you have lost a good rapport with your surgeon, I feel that any answer I give you will only confuse the relationship you have with your surgeon.

In summary, my advice is to slow down, talk with your surgeon, and be patient. If you lose confidence in your surgeon's ability to communicate with you or have other concerns, I'd suggest you read an article I posted on RealSelf.com about two years ago called Do you have concerns after your surgery?

Hope this Helps

Nick Slenkovich MD, FACS

Web reference: http://www.coloradoplasticsurgery.com/revision-rhinoplasty.aspx

Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1

12 Days Post Op. Really Hate My Nose At This Point but it is only 12 days. But from your photos you might have a curved deviation so after 3 weeks if still curved seek advise from your surgeon. I might inject a semi permanent filler to your left side to give a straighter appearance. Just a thought. Regards Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

12 days post-op Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Its certainly a little too early to tell how things will work out. I would wait 6 to 8 weeks post op to see what happens. The L shaped silastic implants are never a good idea, I typically carve my own custom implants and put them in through an open rhinoplasty. This assures good placement and is secured with a stitch so it doesnt move.

That said, give it some time and then re-evaluate.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com