12 Days Post Op Explantation and Did Yoga Today...did I Damage my Healing Process?

i am 23 years old and had my saline implants (had them for 5 years) removed 12 days ago on Feb. 11. They were under the muscle and were removed through the same incision used for implanting (under my breasts). I have had a nearly painless recovery so far and my breasts already look better than i could have hoped for. However I am worried now because i went to a yoga class this morning and i am experiencing soreness and tenderness in my chest...is this normal soreness or did I damage my healing?

Did I Damage my Healing Process?

+1

Without a photo, it is not possible to answer this. Even with a photo, chances are an internet advisor would pass on answering this and suggest that the question be directed to your surgeon. I would refrain from heavy exercise for a couple more weeks. All the best. 

Yoga After Breast Explantation May Not Be Good Idea

+1

Well, it may or may not have caused a problem after your surgery.  Most activity should be fine.  Increase soreness and tenderness could indicate a problem, however.  You need to let your surgeon see you and make that decision for you.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

2 Weeks After Breast Implant Removal and Exercise

+1

I generally recommend avoiding strenuous exercise for 4 to 6 weeks after breast surgery.  I would recommend an exam by your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Soreness and Tenderness after Removal of Breast Implants Normal?

+1

Although I understand your concerns and your desire for reassurance, online consultants will not be able to ( in a precise and/or meaningful fashion) provide you with this reassurance. Best to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to determine whether the “soreness and tenderness” is associated with any complication.

In the meantime, “listen to your body” and take it easy.

Yoga after explantation

+1

Please visit with your plastic surgeon so that she/he can examine you.  If your breasts look the same and are not increasing in size, you may have just stretched muscle.  However, it is better to be checked out.  Also, follow your plastic surgeon's recommendation in regards to postoperative care.  Doing yoga 12 days postop seems too early.

Sugene Kim, MD

Explantation and yoga

+1

I recommend to my patients to avoid vigorous exercise for 4-6 weeks after explantation, and if your yoga classes are at all like the ones I take then I would say they are pretty vigorous!