12 Days After TUBA and Noticed a Swelling/Pocket Filled With Fluid? (photo)

I had TUBA 12 days ago, this morning I noticed a swelling/pocket filled w. fluid under my Rt. breast where tunnel was made to push implants in. When I lay down it goes away, when I get up it comes back. Is this normal? I have no pain or discomfort, and my breast didn't change in size. Can it be a beginning of slow leak?

Swelling and a TUBA

+1

From your photoo posted it looks like fluid accumulated into the tunnel that was created to insert your implant.  It may be hematoma or serous fluid. Best to see your surgeon.

12 Days After TUBA and Noticed a Swelling/Pocket Filled With Fluid?

+1

This is the most complication of the TUBA approach. Seek immediate evaluation with your surgeon to see if open incisional drainage is required. In my opinion you could have a hematoma, please seek care. 

Fluid collection after TUBA

+1

You likely have a small fluid collection along the dissection tract.  You should notify your surgeon so that they can take a look and determine if it needs to be drained.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD