I Am 11months 2 Weeks Post-op. My Scar Above the Pubic Area is Still Very Pink.

I am still swelling and have muscle spasms. Is this normal at almost a year post-op?

Tummy tuck Scar

+2

I normally let patients know that a scar will take at least 12 months to mature (sometimes more).  Each patient is different in how they scar and heal as well.  Talk to your surgeon and see what the recommendations are for the scar and the muscle spasms.

Abdominoplasty scars

+2

Normal scar healing after abdominoplasty takes up to a year and sometimes longer. During this time the scar will fade from pink to closer match your natural skin color. If you are having swelling and muscle spasms you should consult with your plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Scar after tummy tuck

+2

A lower abdominal scar after a tummy tuck can take 12-18 months to mature and start to fade. It is now normal however to have continued spasm of the abdominal muscles this long after your tummy tuck.  You should make an appointment with your PS to discuss this and evaluate the contour of the lower tummy as well

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon