Need Suggestion Re: Implant Size and Profile Based on my Stats Want to Be Full D or Dd?

My surgery is less then 2 wks away still very unsure about size I'm 5"5 150 lbs curvy.Having full lift with augmentation , I want to be full d or dd.My dr recommended 375 high profile implants I felt that was too small, will 425 cc be too big? Also unsure weather high or moderate profile would work better being the fact I'm not petite for some reason he suggested high does that look better with left ? I also don't wanna look unnatural ?! Thaaaank you !!!

Implant size to achieve goals

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Choosing a breast implant

+1

Though difficult to answer your question without an exam, there are some general principles to help guide you. High profile implants, tend to give more lift and are used often in narrow cheated women who want more fullness/volume. Secondly, the most common complaint amongst those who have had an augmentation is they desire to have gone bigger. With that in mind, if it's clinically reasonable, I'd guide you to choose the larger implant. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Choosing breast implant size

+1

I would recommend taking samples of the implants and placing them into your bra to see what size you'll like.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Implants

+1

i would advise you to stay away from the high profile implants if you are looking for a more natural look. Implant style is just as important as sizing

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Choosing between two different implant sizes

+1

You seem to be within a tight range for implant volume and I do not think that you would be disappointed with either size.  

High Profile vs. Moderate profile implants

+1

To achieve the volume yuo are looking at and the dimensions yuo are working on, you need to discuss and finalise with yuor surgeon the plan before the day of surgery. This gives yuo and the surgeon time to consider the best plan for the procedure

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

External sizers to determine the volume...

+1

then your surgeon should be able to select the appropriate implant style to use in your surgery to give you the result you are seeking...

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant choices

+1

Once you have decided a range of implants, you should talk to your surgeon about the final volume and decide on the profile.

Choosing the right breast implant size

+1

I strongly recommend that you try on the breast implant sizes you are considering in your surgeon's office prior to surgery.  That way you will know exactly what to expect post-operatively.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Avoid high profile implants when having a breast lift

+1

Thank you for your question.  It always concerns me when someone is 2 weeks away from surgery and has significant questions remaining about the implant choice.  You should feel very comfortable with your decision before you schedule surgery.  In general, I usually do not use high profile implant in someone who is also having a lift.  The implants are adding weight to the breast and are going to contribute to stretching of the breast skin.  High profile implants cause more stretch, thus I usually do not use them when I am performing a lift.  They will temporarily help fill the skin envelope but over time can cause problems.  Without knowing your measurements, it is hard to say if a narrow base implant, such as a high profile, is better for you or not.  As far as volume goes, it is a question of what volume is associated with the proper width for your breast.  Please discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon and/or get a second opinion so you can discuss these areas and get a better understanding of what is the ideal implant for your dimensions to create a balanced and proportional result.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD