11.5 months post op Rhinoplasty, when will the swelling in my tip go away?

I had a rhinoplasty on may 30 2013 (almost 1 year ago). I am still experiencing tip swelling. I have thick oily skin, and had big nose with a hump before. the swelling goes away from my tip very rarely right before bed and I still have some shininess on the bridge of my nose where hump was removed. My doctor said final results would be at 12 months. When will swelling completely go away my tip and do you think the shininess will ever completely go away?

Prolonged post rhinoplasty swelling

+1
That's a bit unusual, but I certainly have seen it, especially in patients with thick oily skin.  Sometimes steroid injections will help.  If the tip still feels firm and woody, then it is still swollen.  On the other hand, if it feels soft, then that may be the final result.

Abilene Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling in the tip 1 year after rhinoplasty.

+1
Swelling in the tip 1 year after rhinoplasty should be gone. I doubt that you will have further shrinkage based on my experience.

+1
I have had patients with noticeable swelling up to 24 months after surgery. Sometimes massage is necessary. Sometimes steroid injections are necessary. Sometimes the thing to try is further patience. All options are difficult. You should review things with your plastic surgery.

Good luck

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1
Unfortunately not all noses "listen" to us.  While most swellign will be gone by a year, some may  linger longer.