110LB Lost, Tummy Tuck and Lipo/Advice Please? (photo)

Hello there, I have lost over 110 LB this past year through eating proper and exercise. Now I want to get rid of my gut that I have remaining. This is a big thing for me, as Ive worked very hard and still dont have the body I hoped for. I would love to have some advice to know If I should have a tummy tuck and some lipo? Notice how far my stomach sticks out when im relaxing it, do I have other problems here? Will a full TT give me a flat stomach, and then with more weight loss will my abs show?

Strengthened abdominal wall after Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement

+2

You certainly need an abdominoplasty to remove the excess skin but the other advantage is increased fascial tone.  When you relax your stomach muscles, your abdomen projects because the fascia (strength layer) has been stretched out.  The best technique is Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement.  The mesh flattens your abdomen without contracting your abdominal muscles and gives you an hourglass figure.  This will help you lose weight and maintain the reduced weight.  You are an excellent candidate for this new technique.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Procedure after weight loss

+1

Hello Good Morning Jack , 
First of all I wanted to congratulate you for the weight loss , that is a amazing acheivement. 

Now in regards to a procedure you do need a Tummy Tuck it could possibly be Semi Circular one but I can not be 100 percent sure I would need to see back pictures to be able to see how the skin in the back drops and see if instead of a Semi Circular you would need a full Ciruclar Tummy Tuck , but what is for sure is you do need a Tummy Tuck to be able to remove the excess skin after the weight loss. 

Regards !

Luis Suarez, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Excess Skin

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.   To remove your excess skin, you will need to consider a tummy tuck or an extended tummy tuck.   you will need a waist-line/belt-line scar and an incison placed in your belly button.   Please visit with a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck After Impressive Weight Loss

+1

110 lb weight loss is outstanding.  That is something you should really be proud of.  I admire your determination and focus. 

Your pictures are very helpful.  My first inclination is to suggest a tummy tuck but when I look at the pictures carefully I don't see any upper abdominal skin excess.  It is possible therefore that you would have a great result with a panniculectomy alone (skin only exicsion) and then liposuction to the upper abdomen and particularly the love handles.

To know for sure however, your plastic surgeon would need to exam you and evaluate the quality of the upper abdominal skin.  Find a good local board certified plastic surgeon and schedule a consultation.  I'm sure you will be very pleased.  Best of luck to you!

Al Rosenthal, MD

110LB Lost, Tummy Tuck and Lipo/Advice Please?

+1

A tummy tuck will take care of the skin issue for you.  You could elect to have some liposuction as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Yes either a paddlectomy or full tummy tuck would be the options to chose between. Best to see a few boarded PSs in your city. 

Loose skin after weight loss requires Tummy Tuck

+1

You are absolutely right in your quest.  Tummy tuck will get rid of that roll of skin.  Then you can work out and enhance looks of your six pack.

Go for it.

Vasdev Rai, MD