110LB Lost, Should I Have a Tummy Tuck and Lipo? (photo)

Hello there, I have lost over 110 LB this past year through eating proper and exercise. Now I want to get rid of my gut that I have remaining. This is a big thing for me, as Ive worked very hard and still dont have the body I hoped for. I would love to have some advice to know If I should have a tummy tuck and some lips? Im currently researching surgeons in my area etc. All help is appreciated! Thanks

Lost 110 Pounds-Do I Need A Tummy Tuck

+2

Dear JackAttack28,  Congratulations on your weight loss.  As with many patients who have successfully lost such large amounts of weight, the underlying body and muscles are not reflected by the loose, hanging skin on the outside.  Because of the amount of stretching your skin and tissues underwent with your weight gain, these tissues have lost the ability to shrink or retract back to match the "new you".  No amount of diet, exercise, or external treatments can induce your tissues to do so.  To correct this problem, a tummy tuck would be the recommended treatment.  In your case, because your abdominal muscles are well positioned you would need a "skin-only" tummy tuck since no muscle repair is necessary.  

Please obtain a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon who based on your examination can advise you of your options.  Best of luck.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and lipo after excessive weight loss

+1

Congradulation on loosing 110 pounds with healthy eating and exsercise. You do have residuall stored fat in flanks and ' hanging skin" in abdominal skin lap. Liposuction in the flank and a transpositional conventional abdominoplasty would improve your contour in the abdominal area.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

110LB Lost, Should I Have a Tummy Tuck and Lipo?

+1

Based upon the post5ed photos I recommend either a skin paddle ectomy to full TT. But in person evaluations always best\! 

+1

The tummy tuck will address the loose skin on the abdomen and will make the most significant improvement in your physique.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Male tummy tuck will help after massive weight loss

+1

Hi JackAttack, Congrats on your weight loss! This is no easy feat and so I understand your surprise when your skin did not bounce back as you had hoped. This is pretty typical for people who have lost 100 lbs, as you have. If you are a good surgical candidate, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) would be an excellent procedure to help you regain a flatter abdomen. Seek consultation with a plastic surgeon for more information.

Jeremy B. White, MD
Aventura Facial Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal Contouring After Weight Loss

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Based on your photos a tummy tuck would improve your abdominal contour.  Best Wishes

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS