What to Do about Hypopigmentation 11 Years After Laser Eye Lift?

11 years ago I had upper and lower eye lift using laser. Results were good, although it did leave the area lighter.Have used hydroquinonine over the yrs,limited sunexposure and been diligent about sun screen.I have recently been getting SkinMedica peels to help lighten the rest of my face as there is a bit of demarcation between the area where the laser was and where it didnt touch. It is really bothering me and not sure what the best direction to go would be.

Fixing Pigment Problems After Laser Surgery

+1

Experiencing pigment problems after a laser peel can be very problematic, but luckily there are non-invasive treatments in San Diego that can help. A few treatments you may want to consider are:

• Fraxel Laser Treatment to lighten the coloring
  • Fraxel Re:Store to help pigment cells mitigate
  • Latisse (using twice a day will stimulate pigment cells and result in darkening)

A combination of non-invasive and laser treatments in San Diego will ultimately result in a very nice final result for you.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com/procedures/lasers/fractional-resurfacing

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Hypopigmentation after laser treatment

+1

This is a problem with very few good answers.  I find the best thing to do is lighten the area adjacent to the hypopigmentation with hydroquinone.  I think that trying to do more lasers can only aggravate the situation.  We now use pixelated lasers to avoid this problem as it is very bothersome to patients.  The fact that your treatment was 11 years ago and is now becoming an issue is a good reason to get in and see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for options.

Laser Treatment - Hypopigmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.  There is no magic way to get pigment back into the depigmented area after this much time.  Sometimes, the skin can spontaneously repigment after a few months. Loss of pigment is very difficult to treat, especially when it sounds like it is long term and likely permanent. Seek a consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in cosmetic treatments for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist