11 Weeks Post Op and Feel That my Breast Look Flat on Top. Should I Ask my Dr for a Revision?

what should I ask for? 5"6 143lbs 11 weeks post op Sientra textured low profile 370/400

At 3 months post-op you should see your stable size

At 3 months post-op I would expect most of the settling and healing to have taken place, therefore what you are currently seeing is most likely going to be close, if not right on, your final size and shape.  In general, I like the Sientra implants, although I use others too, but one of the things I like about the Sientras is that they are form stable, meaning they tend to hold their shape better than some others, and they tend to project a bit more too.  That being said, if you are not happy with the outcome of your surgery, you should most definitely talk to your surgeon about that.  Most of us have our patients' happiness as a top priority in what we do, and we would want you to be honest and tell us if you aren't happy.  There are times that we might have to switch the size of implants to meet your ultimate goal, and if that is the case, it is better in my opinion to just get on with it rather than just live with something that doesn't make you incredibly happy.  Your doctor can advise you best about what the situation is and what options you have moving forward.  Good luck; strive to be happy - that's what this is all about!

Revision Not Appropriate At This Time

Review of your pictures suggests a relatively good aesthetic result.In addition, your aesthetic goals aren’t clearly stated.For these reasons, revisional surgery wouldn’t be appropriate at this time.
It’s important to remember that the period of time immediately following breast augmentation surgery is characterized by rapid change.During this period, swelling, muscle spasm and the healing process itself all contribute to change in the appearance of a woman’s breasts.In some cases, swelling and muscle spasm can displace the breast implants in a superior direction.When swelling and muscle spasm resolve, the implants will drop into a more normal position.
This process may take up to six months following surgery.For this reason, we rarely perform revisional surgery for at least six months following breast augmentation.During this interval, many patients demonstrate significant improvement and are ultimately happy with their results.When surgery does prove necessary, the wound healing dynamics are more favorable at this time which translates into better results.

Sientra Breast Implants

Hi Yaya,
I just answered you question you had posted with the photos attached, so you can refer to this.  Too early to think about a revision.  I felt you looked great.  Preop anatomy could have predetermined to some degree your current appearance.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Unhappy with flatness of breast after a procedure

I assume you had an augmentation.  Your pre-op condition will influence what your post-op results will be and I hope you communicated your goals to your doctor (besides just being bigger) so that he/she was better prepared to help you achieve your goals.  If your results are not what you discussed with your surgeon, you should be able to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  If you wanted opinions, a photo would be needed.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation revision

I cannot say without pictures what the quality of your result is.  That being said, if you are not satisfied, I encourage you to discuss the situation with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Breasts Flat on Top after 11 weeks

Talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns.  At 11 weeks you won't have an increase in fullness superiorly.  Without more information it is speculation as to what may help.  There are a plethora of implant sizes and shapes.  Your starting breast shape, size, skin quality plays a part also.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

11 weeks after breast augmentation

At 11 weeks after breast augmentation, the breasts shoudl be pretty settled by now. If you are unhappy with the final size, it is best to talk to you surgeon.

Flat breasts

Please submit photos so we can better comment on your results.  If by flat you mean little projection, why were low profile implants used? 

11 Weeks Post Op and Feel That my Breast Look Flat on Top.

It is not really possible to comment on outcome without the benefit of photos from before surgery and now. 

However, it is possible to suggest that you speak with your surgeon to discuss anything related to your surgery, including your feelings that you have not attained the outcome you expected. The two of you can then discuss the options available.

All the best.