11 weeks after closed rhinoplasty : tip is very wider with fullness on the supra tip? (photo)

Can kenalog injections will resolve it? I call my surgeon for an appointement to ask him kenalog injections because my next appointement was only schedule in 1 year post op and my nose is very wider than before rhino. Also, I got a fullness on the supra tip with big scars in my nose. Do you think kenalog can resolve those problems?

Rhinoplasty recovery and healing process

+2

Edema (swelling) in the nasal tip may linger for months, depending on skin thickness and extent of work done. During this period, kenalog (cortisone) injections can sometimes help. We generally see our patients at 4 weeks, 12 weeks, six months, and one year post op for this reason. Follow up with your surgeon to see if you are a candidate. Good Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide nasal tip 11 weeks after closed rhinoplasty

+1

Communicating with your surgeon would be best, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. Depending on the individual circumstances of the patient, Kenalog injections may help. In general, 70% of the post-operative swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

11 weeks after closed rhinoplasty : tip is very wide with fullness on the supra tip?

+1

Steroid injections can have their own set of problems. Most swelling will resolve with time without intervention.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.