Only 11 Units Were Used for the 11's Between Eyes. This Amount Doesn't Seem Right. I See No Results After Five Days?

I Use At Least 25 IU's of Botox for the 11"s or Frown Lines

+1

Thank you for your question. 11 units sounds low unless you have a medical condition which requires a lower dose of Botox.

I generally use at least 25 IU's of Botox to relax the frown lines or 11's.

Botox for 11's

+1

I typically use a bit more than 11 units in this area but I would recommend that you wait a full two weeks and then return to your provider so that you may discuss the results and any need for additional product.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for the glabella

+1

In general, I use around 20 units for the Glabella. Botox can take one to two weeks to take effect. If you still do not see a result, I would recommend speaking with your physician, as you may benefit from a touch up. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox

+1

Have patience.  It takes about 2 weeks to see how much of an effect your Botox injections will have on your frown lines.  If there isn't much of an improvement at that point, you can always have more added.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Botox For 11 Lines

+1

Most neuromodulators have their peak effect at 2 weeks, so I typically encourage my patients to wait a full 2 weeks before adding more.  Depending on the strength of the muscles, I have seen complete relaxation of the 11's with as little as 12 units, but most patient typically need 18-30 units for complete relaxation.  I'd follow up with your treating physician at 2 weeks for re-evaluation.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox results

+1
Give yourself a few more days to see results. It can sometimes take as long as ten days to see results. If you do not see the results, you may want to find a more experienced Botox Provider.
You might try finding a different plastic surgery or dermatology practice in your area that performs a lot of Botox. By going to the Botox Cosmetic Website you can find the top provider of Botox in your area. The top providers will be listed in order. You can check exclusively in your zip code, or check in a 10 mile radius

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Wait 12 days to see your full Botox effect.

+1

It takes about 12 days to see the full effect of your Botox treatment.  If you feel you have too much movement at that time, please return to your injector for assessment and perhaps more Botox.  It is preferable to add more Botox than to have had too much injected and your doctor will know how much to inject next time.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

For your 11's, 11 units is most likely not enough of Botox

+1

For females, my dosing for Botox is between 15 and 30, with most getting 20 or 30units.  This area, known as the glabella, is also my most common area treated.  It will usually take about 3-5 days to see a result, and about 10 days for the full result.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Customize Botox Dose

+1

Since Botox is expensive, you want to use the smallest effective dose.  Your doctor would usually start with the average 16 to 20 units for frown lines.  Expect full effect by about seven days.  If it is still only partially effective, return to your doctor and he or she will give additional Botox.  In this way you and your doctor will learn what is the total effective dose for you.  That dose can be used for all future treatments.  

Fredric D. Schuh, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

11 Units of Botox for the brow?

+1

Not enough. Even the FDA guidelines for glabellar injections are focused on 20 units which I have found is the minimal necessary to relax the glabellar muscles.  For people with strong glabellar muscles(particuarly men) even more will be necessary to control movement and provide a reasonable lenght of time for long term relaxation.  Under botoxing an area often results in more rapid return to motion in only a couple months.  Remember, it is all about placement and dosing correctly!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon