Is 11 Syringes Too Much Juvederm?

I am in my upper 30s and received Juvederm for the first time 2 weeks ago. I received 6 syringes. When I came back for a two week check-up, I requested for one area between my nose and mouth to be corrected to better match the other side. I ended up receiving an addition 5 syringes to my lower face. The physician mentioned that he would like to correct additional areas later on as well, but my skin will only stretch so far each time. Is this normal to receive this much Juvederm?

Juvederm and 11 syringes

Without seeing your before photos, it is impossible to know if 11 syringes is too much.  You should be assessed by an experienced injector who can determine the amount of Juvederm required to give you a natural look.  If actually required, there is no problem injecting this amount.

Toronto Dermatologist

11 syringes

It does sound high, but I would have to see how you looked before and now, as well as what areas you wanted to have corrected. If you like how you look, then 11 may not be too much.

11 syringes

It is challenging to comment on this question without viewing pre-injection photos, but it seems that 11 syringes of Juvederm is quite a large volume for a patient in their upper 30s. I don’t ever recall using that much volume of facial filler in any of my patients. Most of the patients in our practiee in the 30-40 age range achive excellent aesthetic results with the use of 1-3 syringes of facial filler. You may want to seek a second opinion from an experienced physician in your area.

William P. Mack, MD, PA
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

11 Syringes

Without seeing your photos prior to treatment, there is no definitive answer.  However, 11 syringes does sound like quite a bit.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

11 syringes of Juvederm seems like a lot

11 syringes of Juvederm seems like a lot.  When it looks like lots of volume is needed, I usually recommend Sculptra, or full face fat injections.  I don't think its dangerous to inject so much Juvederm, just not cost effective usually. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Consider Sculptra for facial balance and volume

Eleven syringes of Juvéderm in such a short time for someone so young seems a bit much. I love Juvéderm, but 11 syringes....Without photos as a guide, I'd suggest that you may benefit from rebalancing, and Sculptra is an excellent natural-looking way to achieve that. It's difficult in this forum to explain the benefits of Sculptra for rebalancing the face, but I would suggest seeking out a physician in your area who is well-versed in how Sculptra can be beneficial for someone of your age, who isn't typically losing volume, but may have underlying balance issues that can be beautifully addressed with Sculptra.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Re:Is 11 Syringes Too Much Juvederm?

It is difficult to say what is too much without seeing a before photo and knowing what you are trying to achieve aesthetically. 11 syringes is a lot of product for any client to receive in a two week period of time, especially a 30 year old. This would also be very expensive to maintain...costing over $4,000.00 each time you treat. You might consider a thicker, longer lasting filler such as Radiesse in the future (depending on the areas that need to be treated). Note: I do not recommend Radiesse for the lips. Fat injections would also be worth considering.

Joseph Serota, MD
Aurora Plastic Surgeon

11 syringes of Juvederm

11 syringes sounds a bit much for a 30 year old. it really depends upon what is trying to be achieved. Be wary of the Stay Puff marshmallow face.

11 syringes of Juvederm

My first question would whether these are full stock sized syringes(0.8 to 1.0 ml) or does your doctor take the company syringes and split them up into smaller syringes of his/her own. I have split syringes into 1/4 and 1/5 stock size for special uses and other inject all of their product this way. So, 11 of those little ones would be about three full syringes and that makes some sense to me. Please let us know how much actual volume was injected. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Is 11 Syringes Too Much Juvederm?

Yes, 11 syringes of Juvederm is quite a bit.  This may be an indication that the volume that needs to be corrected might require a thicker filler like Perlane.